The Parent Teacher Council Welcomes You
To The 2016-2017 School Year!
We are thrilled to tell you about all of the exciting things we have planned for the coming year. We hope you will plan to attend and,
even help out if you can!
Wed., August 24 Kindergarten Orientation* 9:30-10:30 A.M. (*1/2 class attends/check your letter)
Thurs., August 25 AW Room Parent Meeting 7:00-8:00 P.M.
Wed., August 31 Parent Orientation at AW 6:00-8:00 P.M.
Thurs., September 1 Parent Orientation at MM 6:30-9:00 P.M.
Wed., September 6 PTC Meeting 7:00-8:00 P.M.
Wed., September 14 Ice Cream Social & Volunteer Fair 5:00-7:00 P.M.
PTC Mission Statement
Avoca District 37 Parent Teacher Council (PTC) is a membership of parents, teachers and staff who are dedicated to fostering the educational, social and overall well-being of each student at Avoca Community Preschool, Avoca West School and Marie Murphy School. We serve these students by promoting a closer working relationship among district families, the school and the community at large.
The purpose of the PTC is to:
- Offer a forum for ideas, concerns and information
- Promote parent involvement
- Provide assistance to teachers through volunteerism
- Assist administration in communicating school information
- Sponsor social and educational events for students, families and the community
- Fund special school programs through a variety of fund-raising events throughout the school year.
*Annual membership dues are $20 per family and help fund programs for students.
This site was created by CLOUDwei Design.