VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR BOYS AND GIRLS NIGHTS!
· Boys Night will need several volunteers to help run a terrific event! Click HERE to learn more and see and who is signed up to volunteer. We are hoping to schedule this event for the end of January.
· Girls Night will need several volunteers to help run a terrific event! Click HERE to learn more and see and who is signed up to volunteer. We are hoping to schedule this event for the beginning of February.
PTC CHAIRPEOPLE NEEDED!
In early 2015, we will be seeking new Chairpersons for different events for the next school year. Here is a current listing of all of the events. Food for thought…before Thanksgiving!
The PTC is currently looking for parents to help chair the following events:
· Art Smart- co-chair needed to assist Colleen Rosenthal
DIFFERENT LEARNERS MEETING– Sunday, Nov. 30
Avoca Different Learners group, for parents of students who have any type of challenge or learning difference, including special needs, ADD/ADHD, anxiety, will meet on Nov. 30th from 3-5p.m. in a private room at Panera, 1199 Wilmette Ave. Wilmette. For more info or to join, contact: Louise Dechovitz, Louise111@gmail.com or Helen Lucaitis, HHL@corboydemetrio.com. Room is under Helen’s name. Email items you want on agenda to Louise. Second half of meeting will be unstructured casual chat/support.
SEVENTH GRADE PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED –
Friday, Dec. 5th
December 5th is Snowflake Day, when all the seventh-graders take a field trip and participate in activities to help make new friends and connect with old ones, while engaging with inspirational speakers who share their own experiences with substance abuse, bullying, and overcoming adversity. The PTC caters breakfast and lunch for all attendees. Two shifts of volunteers are needed to help organize the meals, set up, clean up and serve: 7AM-9AM and 11:30PM-2PM. Sign up for a shift at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0545afa82eabfc1-7thgrade and contact Denise Kamberis-Kingwill (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Patrice Bazianos (Patrice@Bockoscreative.com) for more information.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR FUN FAIR – Feb. 22nd, 2015
Talk to your Room Parent to sign-up and volunteer.
Each Room Parent is putting together a list of volunteers to staff games during the Fun Fair (see this Sign Up Genius post for event details and volunteer assistance needed beyond the classroom!). We really appreciate parents helping make this event great!
Please contact Matt Coatar, email@example.com if you are interested in helping at any event or if you have any questions about how to get engaged!
PTC Mission Statement
Avoca District 37 Parent Teacher Council (PTC) is a membership of parents, teachers and staff who are dedicated to fostering the educational, social and overall well-being of each student at Avoca Community Preschool, Avoca West School and Marie Murphy School. We serve these students by promoting a closer working relationship among district families, the school and the community at large.
The purpose of the PTC is to:
- Offer a forum for ideas, concerns and information
- Promote parent involvement
- Provide assistance to teachers through volunteerism
- Assist administration in communicating school information
- Sponsor social and educational events for students, families and the community
- Fund special school programs through a variety of fund-raising events throughout the school year.
*Annual membership dues are $20 per family and help fund programs for students.
This site was created by CLOUDwei Design.